Healthwatch North Tyneside have put together this guide for those needing to change or cancel their COVID-19 vaccination. There are two systems to do this, depending on how you accessed your vaccination.
If you booked your vaccine through the National Booking System
You will need:
- The reference number for the vaccine booking you want to change
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your postcode
- It’s a bit easier if you know your NHS number but it’s not essential – you can find your NHS number on the NHS Website or App.
- Go to https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number OR you can phone 119, between 7am – 11pm.
- Click manage my booking
- You will need to CANCEL your booking BEFORE you can get a new appointment
- Enter your personal details
- Select a location and date that works for you. If your choice are limited you can try again later as more appointments are added during the day.
If you booked your vaccine through your GP practice
Many second dose appointments are being brought forward. Your practice will contact you if you appointment is changing.
If you need to cancel your second dose appointment at one of the GP led sites, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org for The Parks, North Shields
email@example.com or ring 0330 223 0349 for Oxford Centre, Longbenton
firstname.lastname@example.org for The Langdale Centre, Howdon.
If you had your first dose at your local GP practice, then please contact them.
Frequently asked questions
You can read questions people often ask about the vaccine by clicking here.
North Tyneside Council has all the up-to-date information about COVID-19 on their website.