Last Updated: 17:00 02.09.21
We know many 16 and 17 year olds are keen to get their COVID-19 Vaccination across North Tyneside. Vaccine sites, NHS teams and public health partners are working to put the infrastructure in place to facilitate this.
- Our community pharmacy sites are currently working through and preparing to vaccinate 16 and 17 year olds
- When the sites come online, its hoped you will soon be able to book an appointment on the national booking system or you can look at our vaccination calendar for walk in clinics for 16/17 year olds.
- Some sites are now able to vaccinate 16 and 17 year olds and it’s expected more will be able to later this week, and we will be listing all those sites below.
- Please be patient, we need to make sure all guidelines are adhered to at each site before clinics start vaccinating 16 and 17 year olds.
The following vaccination sites can now begin vaccinations for 16 and 17 year olds:
- Monkseaton Methodist Church, NE25 8AQ
- St Paul’s House, Willington Quay, NE20 6NQ
- White Swan Centre, Killingworth, NE12 6SS
- Wallsend Memorial Hall, NE28 6RN
- Marden Residents Association, North Shields, NE30 3QD
The NHS national booking system is now inviting 17 year olds within 3 months of their 18th birthday to book their COVID-19 vaccinations. This can be done on the NHS website or by calling 119. Text messages will be sent to this group inviting them, starting today, with letters following to those for whom there is no recorded mobile phone number. National and regional communications through the media and on social media will also be carried out.
Those aged 16 year old – and 17 year olds who are not within three months of their 18th birthday – are currently unable to book via the national booking system however the sites listed above will be able to vaccinate these age groups where walk in sessions are operating, use the below link to enter your postcode and search the nearby sites and walk in clinic times.
Leave a reply